The department of Business Administration, USTM offers research facilities as well as opportunities in the following Thrust areas:
A. Human Resource
– Organisational Behaviour (OB)
– Labour Welfare
– Industrial Relation
– Compensation Management
– Team building and Team Management
– Training and Development
– Capacity Building
– Work Life Balance and Stress Management
– Emerging concept related to HR field
– Non- Performing Assets
– Risk Management
– Stock Market
– Working Capital Management
– Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
– Micro Finance
– Banking sector
– Financial inclusion
– Corporate finance
– Carbon Finance
– Emerging concept related to Finance field
– Consumer Behaviour
– Brand Awareness and its impact
– Marketing Strategy
– Pricing Strategy
– Promotional activities
– Emerging trends related to Marketing field
– Rural Agri-entrepreneurship
– Diversified areas of Entrepreneurship with special emphasis on North Eastern region.
– Women Entrepreneurship
– Conceptualising small scale livelihood options to commercialisation
– Emerging trends in Entrepreneurial field
The department of Economics, USTM offers research opportunities in the following broad areas,
– Poverty & sustainable development
– Changing nature of Public Policies in the context of economic growth.
– Problems and prospects of Agro-Industry in the state.
-Health economics- Development of medical infrastructure including technology.
– Prospects of Horticulture development.
– Ecology and sustainable development.
– Development of Financial Institution during the post reform era.
– Institutional credit and rural development.
– Role of technology in transformation of agriculture in recent years.
– MSME- Its recent trends and progress.
– Women Empowerment.
– Tourism Industry and its potentiality and prospects.
– Panchayats and decentralization of powers.
– Development and inclusive growth.
– The problem of ageing population.
– Dimension of Rural-urban migration.
– The dimension of urban-unemployment and policy issues.
– Agriculture marketing and recent policy changes.
– Privatization and its impact on the Economy.
– Development of Eco-tourism and its future prospects.
– Tea production and marketing and its recent issues.
– Corporate/Contract farming and its present status in the economy of Assam.
– Finance commission and devolution of resources.
Proposed research Project:
The impact of Covid-19 pandemic on the Economy of Assam.
The department of Commerce, USTM offers research opportunities in the following broad areas:
-Finance: Behavioural Finance, Investment Behaviour and Financial Inclusion, Banking, Insurance
-Accounting: Direct and Indirect Taxation, Cost Control and Management
-Marketing: Retail Management, Consumer Behaviour, Advertisement, E-Commerce
-Human Resource Management